You can see that our community has much to offer. Come and visit a few days with us and explore our area. You might just decide to stay.
- Question: Where is Northeast Nelson County, Ky.?
Answer: We are located about 35 miles south of Louisville, 45 miles west of Lexington, 35 miles east of Elizabethtown, 12 miles north of Bardstown and 10 miles south of Taylorsville. Our area adjoins Spencer and Anderson counties.
- Question: What type of family entertainment is available?
Answer: The Olde Bloomfield Meeting Hall has a bowling alley and skating rink. It is also available for rental for private receptions and parties.
- Question: Is lodging available?
Answer: Historic Eagle Hill Manor and Cottage are available as a bed and breakfast. Both properties are furnished with period antiques and decor.
- Question: Are restaurants available?
Answer: Hometown Pizza provides a full menu of pizza, salads, and sandwiches complete with a children's menu. A variety of restaurants are available in nearby Bardstown.
- Question: Is alcohol available?
Answer: Bloomfield Liquors carries a complete line of alcoholic beverages including locally produced wines.
- Question: What types of festivals and activities are offered in the community?
Answer: The city of Fairfield has their annual Homecoming in June. A gigantic yard sale, great food and music provided by local musicians is among the events of the weekend.
- Picnic in the Park is held in Bloomfield each July. A full day of children's activities, food, music and family fun culminates with one of the best fireworks shows in the region.
- September brings in the Bloomfield Harvest Homecoming with vendors, food, music and a car show. Lots of entertainment for the kids, too.
- The Chaplin Christian Church sponsors a Bluegrass Festival after morning church service each October.
- The areas Veterans Day Memorial Service is one of the finest in the state. Held in Bloomfield Memorial Park and the American Legion Post, it serves to remember those who have so valiantly served to preserve our freedom.
- The Bloomfield Methodist Church hosts the annual Living Christmas Tree each December. For more than twenty years, participants from several neighboring churches have presented this spectacular event.
In addition, several events are offered throughout the year in nearby Bardstown, including the annual Nelson County Fair and the Stephen Foster Drama during the summer months.
- Question: What other facilities are available?
Answer: The Bloomfield Library is located downtown. The city of Bloomfield has a new civic center which will also feature a museum.
Recently constructed in Bloomfield are the new elementary and middle schools. The schools are fine examples of efforts to provide quality education to area students. A new high school is in the planning stages to be built in the Bardstown area.
- Question: Are clubs and festival organizations available?
Answer: The American Legion in Bloomfield sponsors several events annually including dances, fish frys and events for children for Christmas.
The Bloomfield Masonic Lodge participates in several community events, including Picnic in the Park and Harvest Homecoming, along with other community projects.
- Question: What about shopping for antiques and collectables?
Answer: It will take some time to see all the items available in this area.
- Useful Things located in High Grove has a great collection of antiques and gifts
- Nettie Jarvis Antiques in Bloomfield has a wide variety of fine furniture, jewelry and glassware
- Antiques at the Mansion on Hwy. 62 has over 10,000 square feet of fine antiques
- Nee Nee's Boutique on Hwy. 62 has antiques, gifts and collectables
- Question: What about Public Safety in the area?
Answer: The Northeast Nelson County Fire Protection District serves the area with stations in Bloomfield and Chaplin. Bloomfield has a city Police Department. The Nelson County Sheriff's Department and Nelson County EMS provides service to the area.